Hollywood Marriages That Are Uninspiring—To Say The Least
If you’re feeling like your marriage has lost the zippity-doo-dah it once had, you’re not alone. Plenty of people come to the point where they discover that marriage isn’t quite as exciting and fun as dating was, and marital bliss isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. For some, that realization comes pretty quickly.
What do you do when reality hits you on the head and you don’t like it? Split up, of course! Here’s how long it took some celebs to pull the cord on their marriages:
- One of the shortest marriages on record was the 2004 union of Britney Spears and hubby Jason Alexander. 55 hours later, it was over, and the couple had the whole thing annulled.
- Showing just a tad more resilience than the Spears/Alexander marriage, Nicolas Cage and Erika Kolke had their marriage (Cage’s fourth) annulled after just four days.
- Dennis Rodman and wife Carmen Electra filed annulment papers after nine days of marital bliss, but they didn’t get around to actually divorcing for another five months. What was that about? Only they know for sure.
- Pamela Anderson wedded Jon Peters for twelve days, although later denied having married him at all, calling the whole thing just a “bizarre lunch.” Documentation supports the notion of a quick marriage, nonetheless.
- Eddie Murphy went to Bora Bora to marry Tracey Edmonds, but the union wasn’t considered legal in the United States. 14 days later they called it quits without ever getting hitched legally in the first place.
- Ali Landri discovered her husband of 18 days, Mario Lopez, had cheated on her at his bachelor party. That was all she needed to end it on the spot.
- 19 was Drew Barrymore’s lucky/unlucky? Number. She was 19 years old when she married Jeremy Thomas, and it lasted just 19 days. Whoops!
- Why did Chad Johnson marry Evelyn Lozada even though he was in a relationship with another woman throughout their engagement and marriage? Who knows? Not surprisingly, the marriage lasted just two months.
- While Rob Hillman and LeToya Luckett’s marriage lasted just over two months, the reasons for its collapse are unknown. Their divorce agreement forbids either to discuss the other in public.
- Did Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries get married just for publicity? Who knows? What we do know is that they split after just 72 days.
- Nicolas Cage had another short-lived fifth marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. A significant improvement over the four day marriage to Kolke, the Cage/Presley union lasted more than 26 times longer: 107 days.
If You’re Ready to Call it Quits
Regardless of the length of your marriage, if you’re ready to be done, we can help. Schedule a confidential consultation with the experienced Springfield family attorneys at Courtney & Mills in our office to get started today.