Chad T. Courtney
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Chad T. Courtney practices in areas of workers compensation, personal injury, domestic relations
and general civil litigation.
University of Missouri, B.A., Political Science and Sociology, 1996
Mr. Courtney is a 1999 graduate of the University of Missouri, where he served as Treasurer of the Student Bar Association. Mr. Courtney received Bachelor Degrees in Political Science and Sociology in 1996 from the University of Missouri.
Missouri Bar Association
Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
Committee Member of the Family Law Planning Committee
Secretary of the Missouri Bar Family Law Section - 2015-2016
Vice-Chair of the Missouri Bar Family Law Section 2017-present
Mr. Courtney is a member of the Missouri Bar Association, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, FarmHouse Fraternity, and is admitted to practice in the state of Missouri and Federal bar of Missouri.
Ann Littell Mills
Ann Littell Mills practices in the areas of family law, personal injury, worker's compensation and business law.
Ann's philosophy on practicing law:
"I believe in preparing my cases for trial, but I know settlement is not weakness. It is an informed decision made by the client, weighing all aspects of the case and their individual situation in life. It allows the client to retain control over their destinies. Sometimes, an agreement cannot be reached. When the points of view are just too far apart, it is time to assemble all of your ammunition, and go to trial."
• $640,000.00 verdict in Jackson County, Missouri on a motor vehicle collision with largely soft tissue injuries.
• $450,000.00 settlement for injuries to a man suffered in a "slip and fall" at a restaurant.
• 2011 Missouri Southern District Court of Appeals case "In re E.A.K." which held a father can be the next friend of a child, regardless of whether a paternity judgment exists declaring existence of father-child relationship.
• Missouri Worker's compensation case, affirmed by the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission, holding a juror to be an employee for worker's compensation purposes.
• Every time I help a client in family transition through a divorce or custody issue.
• Winner of the 2007 Lon O. Hocker Trial Lawyer Award presented by the Missouri Bar Foundation.
• Central Missouri State University, 1994, magna cum laude in history
• University of Nebraska, J.D., 1997 with distinction. Member of Nebraska National Moot Court Team. Order of the Barristers
• Missouri Bar Association
• Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
• Admitted to practice in the state of Missouri and Federal bar of Missouri.
• 2012-2013 President of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Springfield, Missouri.
• Presenter at Solo and Small Firm Conference on multiple occasions.